The Glenn Family Foundation (GFF) is seeking for a new local volunteer for our HELPS programme. This programme aims to empower and uplift vulnerable communities by providing them with sustainable access to their most basic needs. This includes but is not limited to access to clean water, access to solar power, improved sanitation to reduce incidence of disease and improved living conditions to foster a sense of pride.
We also recruit volunteers to enrich these communities through education, skills sharing and technical expertise. Our volunteers are enmeshed in these communities for a six month period to ensure they have a meaningful impact. Our current projects are based in Aklan, Western Visayas.
We would like to have a new Local Volunteer start their term in January 2021 or the nearest suitable date. We will need a few weeks of preparation for flights, insurance and overall transition to the new role.
As a volunteer you will work in a small team with the Local Representative and International Advisors, alongside an established and reputable organisation, for a minimum period of six months, developing projects in Banga and Madalag, Aklan. You will be supervised weekly by GFF HELPS over Zoom / Skype / MS Teams / Whatsapp and will have a Local Advisor as a contact person to assist you.
GFF HELPS covers all your accommodation, food, transport, communication, insurance (medical & life) and reasonable living expenses during your placement. A basic remuneration will be given after completion of 6 months of volunteering.
Criteria for applying:
- 21 to 35 years of age
- Graduate of any 4-year courses
- Proficient English speaking, reading and writing skills (ability to teach and train students)
- Creative, Innovative and is able to work autonomously
- Comfortable to be based in Aklan for volunteering period
You can read about some of our projects in The Philippines
- Vegetable Garden Project
- Solar Project
- Women’s Empowerment Program
- Covid-19 Response
- Free Webinars
- Other projects in The Philippines
- Volunteering and/or Administrative experience
- Relevant degree or experience in similar project areas
- Commitment to a 6-month contract and willingness to continue
- Cultural competence and ability to work effectively in unfamiliar environments
- Comfortable working in a small group and working in a rural area
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support GFF’s aims and objectives and participate in all relevant briefing, preparation
and training where necessary.
- Only undertake duties you are authorised to perform and always operate under the
direction and supervision of nominated staff and obey reasonable directions and
- Comply with any rules and policies of the NGO or local programme you are working
with and conduct yourself in a manner that is professional and respectful.
- Behave appropriately and courteously to all staff, beneficiaries and other volunteers
during your placement.
- Adhere to the reporting and supervision timelines and protocols.
- Attend GFF International Meeting on Wednesdays and Philippine Meeting on Fridays.
- Support GFF HELPS International and GFF HELPS Local Facebook pages.
- Create monthly Newsletter for a certain running project.
- Be open and honest in your dealings with us and let us know if we can improve our
volunteer program and the support that you receive.
HOW TO APPLY
- Read the eligibility criteria at the bottom of this page: https://www.gffhelps.org/
- Read the Terms and Conditions located here: https://www.gffhelps.org/terms-and-conditions/
- Fill out the online form here: https://www.gffhelps.org/apply/ or send your resume to [email protected] or [email protected]
- Deadline for applications: 18th December 2020